arcastream is a fast-growing software-defined storage and data management ISV, now part of the Kalray Inc company since its acquisition in April 2022. Kalray and arcastream are both Headquartered in Europe.
arcastream already has an established business in the USA, but is looking to grow quickly in partnership with Dell Technologies, our exclusive technology partner. Our software runs on Dell servers and storage and provides class-leading solutions for high-performance storage and data movement for Big Data, AI and ML-type workloads. Key target industries include Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Education, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas and Engineering.
arcastream is a Kalray company. Kalray is a pioneer in a new generation of processors (DPU) and acceleration cards specializing in intelligent data processing. Kalray and arcastream share a common vision, with highly complementary hardware and software solutions aimed at addressing future developments in the world of intensive data and storage processing. More information can be found on Kalray here.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can roll up their sleeves and deliver beyond expectations for our customers across arcastream. The work is exciting and challenging, working with the biggest customers in leading research Institutions.
We are a growing business with a huge technical and commercial focus, with many opportunities for personal growth.
If this sounds like you, keep reading . . .
If you are a naturally helpful person, you enjoy supporting people with technology issues, love solving complex problems and puzzles and can explain technical details simply, then we would like to meet you!
Ultimately, you will be someone that our customers trust; they will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Qualify, diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues across a broad spectrum of technologies including storage, network, server cloud, operating system, etc.
- Remotely resolve issues across a broad spectrum of storage, network and workflow-focused technologies via phone, chat and emails.
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Strong teamwork and internal communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive and fast learner
- Ability to manage customer and internal expectations
- High sense of prioritisation
- A degree in computer science, data science or information technology is advantageous, but not essential
- 2-3 years of experience working with the Linux operating system
- Bash Scripting
- A strong understanding of network technologies such as TCP/IP and Ethernet
- A strong command of at least 2 of the following technologies: Parallel/Clustered File systems such as IBM Spectrum Scale, Lustre, BeeGFS, Quantum StorNext, etc.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
Nice to have:
- Experience working at a vendor, reseller or technology solution provider
- Experience working at a consumer of technologies used for high-performance computing, artificial intelligence or media & entertainment production
- Python scripting
- Linux, Network, Storage or Cloud Certifications environment
Contract: Full-time permanent with twilight shift (16:00 to 00:00)
Location: High Wycombe (UK) or Rotherham (UK) preferred – remote working is available
Reporting to: Barry Evans