arcastream is a fast-growing software-defined storage and data management ISV, now part of the Kalray Inc company since its acquisition in April 2022. Kalray and arcastream are both Headquartered in Europe.
arcastream already has an established business in the USA, but is looking to grow quickly in partnership with Dell Technologies, our exclusive technology partner. Our software runs on Dell servers and storage and provides class-leading solutions for high-performance storage and data movement for Big Data, AI and ML-type workloads. Key target industries include Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Education, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas and Engineering.
arcastream is a Kalray company. Kalray is a pioneer in a new generation of processors (DPU) and acceleration cards specializing in intelligent data processing. Kalray and arcastream share a common vision, with highly complementary hardware and software solutions aimed at addressing future developments in the world of intensive data and storage processing. More information can be found on Kalray here.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can roll up their sleeves and deliver beyond expectations for our customers across arcastream. The work is exciting and challenging, working with the biggest customers in leading research Institutions.
We are a growing business with a huge technical and commercial focus, with many opportunities for personal growth.
If this sounds like you, keep reading . . .
As arcastream’s USA Sales Director, your principal role will be to lead consultative sales efforts alongside the Dell High-Performance Computing (HPC) and Unstructured Data Solutions (UDS) sales teams across the USA.
Additionally, your role will be to build and lead a sales team across the US in support of arcastream’s growth ambitions, taking strategic direction from HQ.
Your qualified leads will come from inside Sales, marketing campaigns and from Dell teams, you will be expected to work with arcastream pre-sales to deliver value-based, solution-led propositions through and with the Dell teams to end prospects in a highly competitive environment.
The role will require creativeness, high levels of drive, tenacity, thorough planning and organisation and effective communication skills.
You will be responsible for achieving a multi $m annual Bookings target
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Consultative Sales Approach:
- Consult with prospective clients to understand their current environment, pain points and business plans in order to further qualify and plan our solution-based response. This will be done with Dell, on behalf of Dell or in support of Dell – as determined by the specific situation. Deploy BANT qualification or similar methods to ensure we work on opportunities that we can win
- Work with pre-sales teams to build costed, outcome-based proposals and quotations
- Be responsible for helping Dell teams accurately price and create appropriate configurations for the proposed solution
- Input and update progress of opportunities within arcastream CRM tool in a timely manner
- Create awareness amongst the wider Dell sales teams so that they can become an effective sales engine for our joint solutions
- Organize and deliver events and campaigns in conjunction with marketing teams
- Present the arcastream value proposition to clients and Dell teams at all levels
- Create Partner / Reseller strategy in conjunction with Dell teams
- Manage Partner / Reseller Business plans and ongoing relationships
- Build a sales team with complementary skill sets and experience
- Create a high-achieving sales culture
- Educate and develop the Sales team using assets available to you from marketing and training departments
- Think and act creatively to bring the very best talent to the business
- Manage Sales and commission plans across the team, responsible for setting and managing KPIs
- USA arcastream Sales Management
- At least 5 years of consultative sales experience within the Enterprise storage market, with evidence of consistent quota attainment
- Sales management experience
- Ideally a working knowledge of Dell Storage product groups and a specific knowledge of either HPC, File or Object storage solutions
- Experience in selling to C-Suite Enterprise clients
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- A skilled negotiator
- The ability to be a self-starter and self-motivated
- A highly skilled communicator – both written and oral
- Ambition to grow a career into Sales management or other leadership positions is preferred but not essential
- Attention to detail is critical to be able to produce high quality proposals with accurate financials
- Experience in creating proposals, quotes and Financial reports based on MS Office tools
- Ability to work some early mornings when communicating with EMEA-based teams
- Competitive salary and bonus/commission plan relevant to level of experience
Contract: Permanent / Full time